A Non-Firing Schneider Hammer, Circa 1870

Holts Shop

£ 2,000.00




A beautiful 20-bore hammer, by Schneider, Strasbourg, the action with some border and acanthus-scroll engraving, the hammers engraved ensuite, with a beautiful scrolling underlever, carved fences, the damascus barrels in their original steel finish, with classic double-trigger and well-figured walnut stock.

Schneider was first registered in Strasbourg in 1846 by B. Schneider, the business then opened in Wissembourg in 1851, about 60km north of Strasbourg, by P. Schneider, they were presumably brothers working for the same company.

Share this Product